Saturday, July 28, 2018

pho. pun. fun.

When I was little, the trip to my doctor's office passed a restaurant called Phuket, which is apparently a gorgeous province in Thailand. Of course, in the English language, this is phuking hilarious. 

I had a terrible song stuck in my head at work one day. To take my mind off of this earworm, I started to think of names for Pho restaurants. (Yes, I just jumped to Vietnamese cuisine, 1,145 miles away.)
  • Pho-Eva Yarn (Noodles and sewing supplies)
  • Girls Just Wanna Have Pho
  • She'll Have Pho, Pho, Pho Now Her Daddy Took Her T-bone Away
  • Don't Chew Pho Get It (Don Chu Pho Get About Me)
  • One Two Three Pho
  • One Pho In The Door
  • What Is It Good Pho
  • Fufu's Faux Pho
  • Pho du FaFa
  • Poor Un-Pho-Tunate Seoul (More like a news article about a Vietnamese restaurant closing in South Korea.)
  • Pho Fo' You, Ewe
(Psst. Hey. Yeah, no, you're doing great. Just one little thing: ... Pho is pronounced "fuh".)

....

I saw a Smart Car speeding down the highway, and the Benny Hill theme played in my head.
(Haha. It'd be awesome if they had that on YouTube.)


Thank you, ZeInternet.

No comments:

Post a Comment