Saturday, August 4, 2018

toy. crap. brilliant.

I came home from work to greet my handsome cat.
He seemed normal, albeit a little apprehensive-- though I could just be reading into things.
Then I saw it-- one small hard kitty poop with a sprig of hair, sitting on my carpet.
My first thought was the same as any cat-owner: What have I done to displease you?!
I refilled his food bowl, cleaned the heck out of his food/water station, rendered his litterbox spotless (without losing his natural scent, of course)...
... aaaand as a sort of afterthought, I cleaned up his little "message".
Kinda impressive that he could will a single one out.... hm....


I wake up to my cat meowing out of boredom. I get up and squint at the toy he had dragged into the room (look what the cat dragged in, har har...) and the dark object beside it. He started to bat at the object, flicked it into the hall, and I recognized it as another hairy poop. (Honestly, part of me was relived that he didn't bring in a bug that large.) I quickly substituted it with a normal cat toy and cleaned it up. He then proceeded to check both areas where he'd left... his new favorite toys..?

Oh, God, no...

I realized his little sprig of hair made for easy carrying, the little ball was perfect for movement, and the weight wasn't too heavy to carry but substantial enough for captivating interaction.
... My normally-clever cat... had discovered the attributes of the perfect cat toy...
... in his poo.


No comments:

Post a Comment